- Experienced pediatric doctors will provide assistance round the clock (examination, diagnosis, infusion therapy (droppers), child's condition monitoring, introduction of antibiotics and other drugs)
- Laboratory tests 24/7
- Chambers with medical supervision
- Day hospital
We carry out diagnostics, early detection and treatment of congenital and acquired gynecological diseases in children and adolescents:
- menstrual irregularities, lack of menstruation (amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, oligomenorrhea)
- heavy, long, painful menstruation
- pathology of the development of genital organs
- fusion of the labia minora (synechia)
- delay or early puberty
- vaginal dysbiosis
- vaginal candidiasis (thrush)
- genital infections, including sexually transmitted infections (STDs)
- inflammatory diseases of the external genitalia (vulvitis, vulvovaginitis, adnexitis)
- functional ovarian cysts
- genital tumors
- genital injuries
- we conduct additional types of examinations: ultrasound of the pelvic organs, ultrasound of the mammary glands, etc.
Can the absence of menstruation be considered normal in a 14-year-old girl? What discharge is acceptable for a first grader? Can a 3-year-old baby ride a two-wheeled bicycle? These and many other questions often arise in modern mothers. The pediatric gynecologist KinderKlinik will be able to answer them.
Women’s health is very important for every woman, regardless of age. After all, every little girl, when she grows up, wants to become both a wife and a mother, and lead a full-fledged sexual life. And if adult women realize the importance of this issue, then the parents should take care of the girl’s health, and, best of all, to the mother.
It often happens that gynecological problems in women originate in adolescence or even in early childhood. A striking example is menstrual irregularities that are successfully resolved in adolescence. While the lack of examination and the necessary treatment can lead to infertility in the future.
In addition, many gynecological diseases in children proceed almost imperceptibly. And often only a pediatric gynecologist manages to recognize dangerous symptoms on time and prescribe appropriate treatment.
That is why a mother should, without delay, bring her daughter to an appointment with a pediatric gynecologist as soon as the first complaints arise, or even better, simply with a preventive purpose to prevent the development of the disease.
A gynecologist diagnoses and treats diseases of the genital organs in girls and adolescents. In KinderKlinik, a pediatric gynecologist can undergo a full examination of a girl from birth to 18 years.
Scheduled examinations of a pediatric gynecologist are carried out, starting from birth (every 6-12 months), always before the girl enters school (at 6 years old), during the appearance of secondary sexual characteristics, with the onset of menarche (first menstruation ), and from 13-14 years – annually. Until the age of 15, the girl is examined in the presence of her mother.
When is a pediatric gynecologist consulted?
- if there is redness of the external genitalia, pathological discharge from the vagina, between the labia (on linen);
- fusion of the labia minora (synechia);
- frequent painful urination;
- lack of menstruation in 14-15 years;
- menstrual irregularities (long (longer than 7-8 days), heavy, painful periods);
- the absence of menstruation for 2 weeks of one, two, six or more months;
- frequent, erratic periods (menstrual cycle less than 21 days);
- the appearance of secondary sexual characteristics (mammary glands, hair growth on the pubis and in the armpits) up to 8 years;
- with a preventive purpose.
What symptoms should alert?
Gynecological diseases in girls can appear at a very young age – this may be due to birth defects in the development of the reproductive system, hormonal failure or inflammatory diseases caused by infection in the genitals (through diapers, household items, etc.).
Urogenital diseases can be accompanied by the following symptoms:
- redness of the skin and genital mucosa;
- discharge from the genitals;
- painful urination;
- lack of secondary sexual characteristics;
- defects in the development of the external genitalia;
- rapid loss or weight gain;
- menstrual irregularities, etc.
How is the appointment of a pediatric gynecologist?
A pediatric gynecologist will ask the girl and mother about existing complaints, past illnesses, how long this problem arose and how it developed. The doctor will conduct an examination, make a sampling of material for the study, examine the mammary glands, prescribe the necessary diagnostic and laboratory examinations. After conducting the research, the doctor will diagnose, prescribe treatment and give his recommendations.
Examination by a pediatric gynecologist in KinderKlinik takes place in the most comfortable and friendly atmosphere. Each step of the examination is explained to the girl and parents. KinderKlinik pediatric gynecologist finds contact with every little patient.
Inspection and sampling of vaginal discharge material is carried out using only disposable instruments without damage to the hymen.
What additional examinations can a pediatric gynecologist prescribe?
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs;
- Ultrasound of the mammary glands;
- Ultrasound of the thyroid gland;
- Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity;
- a blood test for hormones;
- other laboratory tests;
- consultations of other specialists (pediatric gastroenterologist, endocrinologist, urologist, etc.).
Visit a pediatric gynecologist at KinderKlinik even with minor child complaints. The sooner the disease is diagnosed, the faster recovery will come and the risks of further complications will decrease.
Need a good pediatric gynecologist in Kiev? Contact KinderKlinik – our gynecologist, together with a team of doctors of other specialties, will take care of the health of your girl – the future woman and mother.
Schedule an appointment